About Us

We aim to help families & communities in the Jinja District, E. Uganda by holding regular fundraising events to help set up and support projects


To carry on holding events and raising money to help these communities.


After a visit to Uganda in Dec 2011 we can report the great success, happiness and hope our support is giving people in these villages.


Company Overview

The Pearl Trust was set up in 2006 by Sally Yates & Christopher Lennon.


Since then we have held fundraising events to raise money to support projects in the villages of Buyala, Buwenda, Bujagali Falls & Nabisiki.


These are grass roots projects and 95% of monies raised goes directly to help start up our projects. The remaining 5% is spent on promotional materials.


Any help given to The Pearl Trust is voluntary for which we are extremely grateful.


We have, so far, built a well & set up a ladies poultry co-operative group in the village of Buyala. After an initial outlay, this project became self sustaining very quickly. The chicks are raised to either produce eggs or meat, which can be sold on. Also to produce even more chicks – all of which bring a continuing source of income into this group of amazing ladies. The ladies in our ‘Poultry Group’ are all single ladies, either abandoned by their partners, have lost their partners to illness or are victims of domestic abuse. They are truly inspiring women and their sole objective is to have enough of an income to send their children to school.


We have supported a young lady through college, currently sponsor 2 girls through school & support a family jewellery making business – all from Buwenda village.


We are happy to part funding the Nabisiki Community Initiative (NACOIN), a community agricultual programme – for further details please see:



General Information

We are currently raising money to help build another well in conjunction with Wilmslow Wells for Africa & The Busoga Trust.

We are also in negotiations with Bees Abroad with the aim of setting up a bee keeping co-operative in Buyala Town.



New Post

This Christmas two brilliant organisations are coming together to host a Christmas Celidh in South Manchester. Have a great night out at an Irish Celidh, in the Chorlton Irish Club, with live music and calling by ALBIREO. No experience necessary, … Continue reading

Busoga Trust

For 30 years now ┬áThe Busoga Trust has provided sustainable access to safe water, improved sanitation and comprehensive hygiene & health education to the communities in rural Uganda. The Busoga Trust carried out the building of our well in Buyala … Continue reading